Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Samantha's legs are loose!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2005
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We're going out of town in about two weeks time and she is coming with! She is PM and I do not want to send her to the hospital, however I am a little worried about tightening them myself. On display in my doll room it doesn't make a difference so I was wondering if anyone had any quick-fixes or a temporary something that will make her easier to stand for photos. Thanks!

    ~I know someone offered a while back to tighten my other Samantha's legs. Maybe when I get back, if the offer is still standing, I could send her to you? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not sure how, but I know some board members have re-strung their dolls, maybe they can give you advice. Several of my dolls also have loose legs, but I don't want to send them to the hospital to find out that they were ruined. HTH. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 3castles's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2006
    Posts
    372
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We totally restrung our Sam and since then have reattached limbs on other dolls. Restringing is easy though somewhat intimidating at first. If you aren't sure about doing it, AsianAG does it for HB members and I think they've all been extremely happy. I'd try to send her there, you could probably get her back in plenty of time for your trip.

    Good Luck!

  4. #4
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    Dr. Robin aka AsianAG just recently tightened up my Jin-Mei's arms and legs. I would highly recommend her services! The turnaround time was extremely quick. I felt much more confident sending my doll to Robin than to the AG hospital.

    Jin-Mei is doing excellent as you can see in my signature pic!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks, guys--anytime! I'm glad to see Jin-Mei safely home and looking so healthy and happy.

    [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jack and I have also tightened and re-strung dolly limbs, and will be happy to do the same for fellow board members. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    In the meantime, if you are worried about your Samantha not being able to stand for photos while you are on vacation, maybe you could take a doll stand to help her. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member J9S's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2006
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I too have restrung several of my dollies now and started offering to restring other dolls on the AG Playthings board. Not that I'd mind restringing hb dolls too, but I've heard Robin does a great job and I believe she sends dollies home in cute hospital-like gowns.

    I don't sew, but if anyone lives closer to S CA than to Robin or Jeanette and wants to be separated from their darlings for a shorter time span, I'm here.

    Now all we need is a person willing to do it in each state to save everyone shipping money and dolly deprivation. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member momof3kce's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2005
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow~ I read the board much more than I post... but I had to mention how pleasant it is to read about how there are so many kind, sweet people on here. Everyone is so helpful! Thanks for always having such nice, informative things to read! You guys are the best! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •